You know how in high school there was that kid that is totally uncool until a couple of cool kids starting hanging out with him and then the girls were all over him? ALDIs is kind of like that. It took a few friends to taunt me but now I'm hooked. Today I did some heavy shopping at ALDIs but had to slink back across the street to get some red wine vinegar and green onions that ALDI did not have. I took my ALDIs receipt in and did a few comparisons. I was shocked and here's why. The following items have two prices listed. The first is Publix and second is ALDIs.
- Dozen large eggs - $1.79/$1.39
- Graham cracker pie crust - $.89/$1.57
- Graham crackers - $1.09/$3.99
- Strawberry frosted miniwheat cereal - $4.29/$1.79
- Cream of chicken soup - $.99/$.47
- cream cheese frosting - $.99/$1.99
- Bag of buttermix salad greens - $3.99/$1.99
- Gallon of skim milk - $4.39/$1.99
My disclaimer is that I've always bought the Publix brand on any item possible, except peanut butter because Publix peanut butter has a funny aftertaste. So all of the above Publix prices are on their store brand. I only compared the price on about 60% of my groceries but just from that, I saved $27.37. That is at least 25% lower than if I'd bought everything at Publix.
Isn't that amazing?