So how thrifty are you? Here are some things around the house I do to pinch pennies.
Reuse foil (if it did not have meat on it the first time)
- Wash and reuse zip loc bags (if they did not contain meat the first time)
- Save gift bags and tissue paper
- Mash old bars of soap with new bars of soap in bathtub
- Use spatula to get the last of anything out of a jar (i.e. peanut butter)
- Save plastic containers from yogurt, sour cream, etc to use as tupper ware
- Use old burp cloths to dust rather than disposable paper towels
- Wash sponges in washing machine to use them until they fall apart
- Only use cold water cycles for laundry
- Keep the same old tub of wet wipes and put in soft refill bags.
- Make stained knit clothing my newest crafts or dust rags.
- Make soup out of just about anything and chicken or beef stock
- Make my own bath and body scrubs/salts (not that I've had time or ability to sit in a bath anytime recently).
- Excercise as rarely as possible so as to preserve the tread on my New Balance tennis shoes (purchased in June of 2005, just before Little Philip was born - Big Philip had to tie the laces for me since I couldn't bend over)