Monday, August 04, 2008

Budget Applique


I wanted to give applique a try so I cut out the letter "P" for Philip from some old t-shirts of mine. I know it's not fancy or surged around the edges like professional applique but I like the rough look of it. It's very little boy. It looks a little bit like the rough applique in the Mini Boden catalogue only it did not cost me an arm and a leg. Little Philip liked it so much he slept in it last night. I'm going to continue to work on my technique. My goal is to do a big maroon paw print on a shirt for him to wear to an MSU game this fall. And for the Vandy game, I'll try a big yellow star with the V in the middle.

1 comment:

Clan Hill said...

That looks great! We need to have sewing get togethers. Another cool way to do it, is reverse applique. sew the applique to the inside of the shirt and cut the fabric of the existing shirt on the outside to let the inside fabric show through. I have a great embroidery book if you want to borrow it. It shows how to do a blanket stitch and decorative stitches that can take your applique even farther. I also hear there's smocking happening at the Moss house. Post some pics of that!