Saturday, March 17, 2007

Salmon Man



My husband has become the ultimate charcoal grillin' man. For his birthday, I got him the Weber grilling cookbook and next to the Bible, it's his favorite read. Since we had the new deck and the weather has been absolutely fabulous, we planned to cook out. He came home from Lowe's with some cedar planks and suggested that we try grilling some salmon. For those of you that know me, I am quite picky when it comes to seafood. After all, my entire family is from Mobile and across the bay in Fairhope and Daphne. It runs deep and it takes a lot to really impress me when it comes to seafood. Philip set a new standard for me. Without a doubt, this cedar plank salmon was the best fish I have ever put in my mouth. It was a honey-lime Dijon salmon on cedar planks. We have never cooked on cedar planks so we were not sure how it would turn out. I am convinced that in heaven, this is one of the really, really special dinners for the saints.

No comments: