Thursday, May 15, 2008

Top Five Least Fave Chores


The Pioneer Woman has listed her five least fave home related chores so I thought I'd post mine and ask y'all to share your own. Maybe talking about it, venting a bit, will help make these chores a little less cumbersome!

Mosshouse Top Five Least Fave Chores:

1. Changing the cat litter. This would not be so bad if we changed it when it really needed to be changed rather than when none of us can really stand it anymore, including the cats.

2. Mopping the floor. Three hairy animals, four if you count my husband, and two children under three makes this quite an ordeal.

3. Changing the sheets on Little Philip's bed and guest bedroom bed. Not that we have a guest bedroom anymore but we do keep a double bed in Helen's room, crammed up against the wall, for those brave enough to avoid sleep at night. Philip's bed is up against one wall as well, making it an acrobatic stunt to tuck the sheets on one side of the bed.

4. Scrubbing the kitchen counters. It reminds me of how a more up-t0-date kitchen would require much less elbow grease. My slightly obsessive-compulsive personality makes me scrub harder than I probably need to, simply because the human eye is unable to detect smaller food particles and germs on our lovely plastic dark green marbled counter tops, complete with hot glue gunned back splash. I'm not sure that a sheet of plastic glued to a wall even qualifies as a back splash.

5. Scrubbing the tub. I thought this would get better now that I'm not pregnant anymore but I think my sense of balance and ability to hold my breath for very long to avoid the fumes is never coming back. Besides, crayola bath crayons have the ability to resist even the strongest of Clorox, providing a ready reminder for adults that yes, children do abound here. And that's just the way I like it!

So what are your top five least favorite chores around the house?

2 comments:

Eric and Sarah said...

hmmm... give me a day or so and I'll post mine. No doubt what the least fave is... WASHING DISHES BY HAND!!!

ruthie said...

I have something that will cut your tub scrubbing time in half!! The Magic Sponge, and if you act now...just kidding. This sponge works wonders. I don't know how but it does and I have considered buying stock in them. My least favorite chore is cleaning the floors. Love you guys, Ruthie