Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Listening, God

You know that saying "when it rains it pours?" Somehow, I am beginning to think God is trying to tell me something, something big. After picking up Little Philip from daycare on Friday at 9:00 am, covered in puke, he was a happy clam the rest of the day, eating only the BRAT diet all over again. Mommy felt a bit under the weather and prayed she was not getting sick. Too late. Friday night, just after midnight, she puked, and then got the full force of the stomach bug if you know what I mean. By 10:00 a.m. Saturday she was wiped out, and reluctantly called the OB on call to be sure she could take something. Thankfully, Immodium AD was approved. She spent the rest of the day in a fog, between the bed and clinging to cabinets and walls for support as she tried to get to her feet every now and then. Daddy was a huge support, taking care of Little Philip who could not have been happier. Every now and then he would come into Mommy's room and say "Mommy's awake!" and give her a big kiss and hug.

Saturday night, the sound of Little Philip puking comes over the monitor and Mommy and Daddy dash into his room to find his bed sheets a total loss, along with Little Philip in much need of a bath. Daddy took care of the bath while Mommy changed the sheets, placing a towel underneath the front of the bed this time, just in case.

Sunday Mommy manages to get a load of laundry in and surprise! A GREEN CRAYON MADE IT INTO THE WASH AND THROUGH THE DRYER! The inside of our dryer is covered in green crayon and the dark load of clothes, mostly belonging to Little Philip, is a complete loss. At this point, I might crack.

Big Philip handed Mommy some of her "undergarments" and said "those are ok if they are green, right?" I can just see me racing to the hospital in labor and the nurses and doctors seeing my "undergarments" splotched with green crayon wax. No thank you, I will retain at least that much dignity.

We are trying a few online tips for getting crayon out of the clothes but most of it is also tinted green, meaning, it's more than a few spots all over each piece of clothing.

And so, Daddy is on his way to Wal-mart to buy Goo-Gone to try to get the wax out of the dryer drum so I can finish the many, many loads of wash to be completed. I am spraying each piece of clothing with WD-40 and madly scrubbing with an old toothbrush and bleach for colors. Philip is also headed to Starkville tomorrow for work. We can't let Little Philip go back to school yet so Aunt Ellen is covering the morning since Mommy can't miss tomorrow morning at work either. If any students are reading this, remember, Honor Council applicants first case study session is at 8:00 am tomorrow! At least she thinks she remembers that 8:00 am time. BSC's email, which includes Mommy's online calendar, has been down for two days now. And, the minivan is still at Honda as they will not replace or fix the transmission unless they can get it to do the same thing it did with me. Otherwise, Mommy will drive home a ticking time bomb on Tuesday when Big Philip returns from Starkville.

So, I'm going to take a deep breath, try not to go into labor, and say some big prayers tonight, for patience, health, and peace of mind!

1 comment:

the skocelai said...

Renie, Renie, Renie... I have no words...