Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Pictures

We've decided to forego sending Christmas cards this year as a financial decision but did get some portraits made of Philip and Helen for the holidays. The dress Helen is wearing is my second smocking project. As was the case with the watermelon bubble, I did not sew this dress together. I just smocked the collar and sleeves. I'm still hoping to learn how to sew a dress together but for now, I'm very happy with how my smocking skills have improved.

And, to compare Philip at 8 months to Helen at 8 months, take a look at these bottom two pictures.







5 comments:

The Fancher Family said...

Those are precious pictures. I can't get over how much Helen looks like Philip.

Clan Hill said...

That's just wrong to put Little Phillip in a dress! They turned out great and so did the dress. I see Big Phillip one the smocking fight.

"Max Whale" said...

UNLIKE my children--they have the same hair ;-) tee hee...

Shelia said...

Great pix Renie! You're very talented. The smocking is beautiful!

Olivia said...

Thanks for your comment. The Christmas pictures are adorable, and I can't believe how much they look alike! I love the smocked dress you did. I have one similar to that to put Anna Ruth in this year.