Saturday, August 25, 2007

BSC Move In Day


Today, I welcomed 507 new students to the BSC family. That's a record number in the 151 year history of Birmingham-Southern College. This is my fourth BSC Move In Day. This is the year the freshman that entered BSC in my first year of employment, will be graduating. Already, I'm sad to be seeing so many wonderful students leave the College but I also know that they are doing what it is I, and others at the College, have prepared them to do. Many will be doctors, lawyers, accountants, missionaries, ministers, among the many potential career paths available to BSC graduates.

At the new student convocation, I teared up as usual, looking around at the faces of all the new parents, preparing to leave their sons and daughters in our care for the next four years. Now that I am a mother, I understand the reason mothers in the convocation dabbed at the corner of a their eye with tissues, even catching a glimpse of a few dads doing the same.

It's another great year on the Hilltop!

No comments: